Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Melania Trump enters the spotlight: I am not a 'yes' person

“I give him my opinions, and sometimes he takes them in, and sometimes he does not,” the 45-year-old Slovenia native tells Harper’s Bazaar magazine in an article published Wednesday from its February issue.
“Do I agree with him all the time? No. I think it is good for a healthy relationship. I am not a ‘yes’ person. No matter who you are married to, you still need to lead your life.”
“I don’t want to change him,” Melania Trump says of the GOP presidential front-runner, “And he doesn’t want to change me.”
Melania Trump, who tied the knot with the real estate mogul in 2005, says she’s made a conscious decision to stay out of the political spotlight during her husband’s campaign.
“I’m choosing not to go political in public because that is my husband’s job,” Melania Trump tells the mag in the story, which is accompanied by a glossy photo spread showing the former model posing alongside an inflatable elephant and in front of an American flag. “I’m very political in private life, and between me and my husband I know everything that is going on. I follow from A to Z. But I chose not to be on the campaign,” she says. “I made that choice. I have my own mind. I am my own person, and I think my husband likes that about me.”
Melania Trump, a mom to nine-year-old Barron, says the media has often incorrectly portrayed her as bashful. “I am not shy. They interview people about me who don't even know me. These people, they want to have 15 minutes of fame in talking about me, and reporters don't check the facts. ... You can see how they turn around stories and how unfair they can be."
Melania Trump heaps praise on her 69-year-old husband, saying, “He is handling everything very well,” and that his approach has struck a chord with Americans who are living in a country that is “in big trouble.”
"He is not politically correct, and he tells the truth,” she says. “Everything is not roses and flowers and perfect, because it is not. He wants America to be great again, and he can do that.”
Melania Trump also reveals that when meeting her future husband at a Fashion Week party, he asked for her number despite being with a date. Rather than disclose her digits, she requested his. “I wanted to see what kind of number he would give me — if it was a business number, what is this? I’m not doing business with you.”
He instead offered up “everything,” giving her all of his phone numbers for his various offices and residences. “I was struck by his energy,” Melania Trump says, “He has an amazing sense of vitality.”

No comments: